Monday, June 1, 2009

2 weeks down

yooooooooo everyone, sorry i havent had a post yet. so two weeks so far in fiji, i am def loving it so far. I live in a rural village called naisogovau. my fijian host family is wonderful, they treat me like a king. my home has running water and electricity even, no ac though but i am getting used to the heat. my host mother is especially attentive, she cooks all of my meals and takes great care of me. the first day i came my whole family sat on the ground and demanded that i sit on a chair, after they made me dinner my grandfather ate my leftovers, he told me he ate them because he loves me. my new family also told me that they are here for me and would do anything it took to make me comfortable, they speak pretty good english which helps a good deal, but at home they mostly speak fijian, that helps to learn the language. i got to go to the beach for water safety training, it was full of garbage, most of the nice beaches are near tourist resorts. i havent seen much of fiji so far since all i do is to language and safety training, but its all good. seriously, i have no complaints. i havent been sick yet, unlike most of the other volunteers. every day i have language training, fijian is very difficult to learn but i am doing well. oh yea, there are five other peace corps dudes who live in the village with me, they are all real cool and we get along well. well, im out......

duck

No comments:

Post a Comment