Sunday, June 28, 2009

sooooooo i just made my first visit to my new home on mali island. my bure is extemely small but i don't mind, it makes it easier to keep clean........but there are some rat and spider problems, not to mention the chickens that are nesting in the roof, they are so loud at night. As for water, that is going to be an issue during the dry season, I can only collect water from the village tank for 30 minutes every morning, in the wet season the water supply increases, I bought a camp shower to take showers, its basically a plastic bag with capacity for four gallons of water that has a mini shower head attached, I can take a shower with about two gallons since I don't have hair to wash anymore. The closest town in Labasa which is a thirty minute boat ride away, if I charter a boat myself it costs sixteen dollars each way, my best option is to go with the village fisherman when they go to town to sell there fish, its much cheaper that way. well, it's all good on the beautiful island of Mali, I head back to Viti Levu tomorrow for three more weeks of training before I return to Mali permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment